Friday, January 8, 2010

Hello There

How to start? First things first, I guess. I work in a retail pharmacy for a well known chain as a Pharmacy Technician. It's my job to take your new prescriptions, input them into our system, deal with your insurance company, fill your prescriptions, present them to you at the pick-up window, and provide moral support/stress relief/human shield duties to my totally awesome team of pharmacists. Through this blog, I hope to help people understand that there is more to pharmacy life than "slapping a label on a bottle" and giving it to you. We get verbally abused, lied to, threatened, and occasionally, growled at. Sincere thanks are few and far between, but believe me we do appreciate them when we get them. I am personally lucky that the three pharmacists that I work under are dedicated, hard working, and have a sense of humor.
Be warned, however, there will be opinions, cursing, whining, some mental bitch slapping, and whatever else I find that amuses me. This blog is for venting in order to keep my sanity, and hopefully find a few people out there that understand.

There, awkward introduction out of the way. Now on to the good stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment